4.02.2010

Paul McCartney Live!!!!


Ever since I can remember my mom has played The Beatles for me. She had their records when I was young, and the only radio station I remember is K-Earth, which played a ton of their songs. In addition, she would always be singing along (whether we liked it or not!). Well, mom's influence on my was not lost. My presets in the truck are KLOS, K-Earth, JackFM, Star and the Sound. I don't even know any modern music anymore.... The Beatles have always had a special place in my heart.

Aaaannnyway... Ever since I've know Angel it was clear that he is a wild Beatles fanatic. He knows more about them than my own mother, who, to be clear, used to sport a Beatles mop haircut in the 60's. So when we heard that Paul was coming to the Hollywood Bowl, we were both pretty excited. I looked up ticket prices and saw that the cheapest seats were going for something around $200, since he sold out almost instantaneously. We decided we couldn't afford it and went about with our lives.

Well, I simply couldn't let this opportunity pass us (especially Angel) by. I kept searching online for tickets that I could afford and finally bought a pair up in one of the upper sections. I didn't tell Angel about it for about a month (damn it's hard keeping a secret that AWESOME!). But I know how he works and decided that I'd have to tell him so he could go through the routines and rituals of listening to songs and generally getting as excited as I'd been for the last month in private. I swear I saw a tear the night I put on the Paul McCartney Live in New York DVD. I told him, "We're not going to New York, and I don't know if he'll play the same songs for us....." He said, "No.. We're not going to see Paul McCartney are we??!??". "Yea, bub, we are =)."



The concert was simply beautiful. The Bowl sound is always amazing, but this was different. We were in the presence of greatness. Hands down the best show I've ever seen, and I'm sure the same goes for Angel. Paul played for over 3 1/2 hours, Beatles tunes, Wings songs and some of his newer stuff. It was absolutely fantastic. My mother was extremely jealous, but totally excited for us. All of Angel's aunts felt the same way. I think we won that night =)

No comments: