8.23.2009

Veg Out

The past few weeks have taught me exactly how serious I am about my choice to be veggie. I've gotten pretty emotional talking about it and I've realized that it's harder and harder to sit by and watch when other people eat meat. I don't think I'm comfortable cooking it anymore either. It actually makes me a little physically sick to do so. I'm drawing another line now, well really a few lines... I will no longer buy or prepare anything with meat in it. I'm cutting out eggs too, yea, even the cage free variety. Milk is more difficult, cuz so many foods are made using the stuff. I only drink soy milk, and I'm trying out soy cheese now, but I don't know WHAT I'm gonna do about ice cream. That might kill me.

Jeff asked me if I could ever go Vegan. I said yes. Here's me slowly making my way in that direction. I will also no longer say I don't want to talk about it because it makes others uncomfortable. If someone asks, they should be prepared to hear what I think. Now I feel like I'm hiding wonderful knowledge if I keep my mouth shut.

Thanks Dad, for being obnoxious enough to piss me off and cause me to research more thoroughly. You've really opened my eyes.

No comments: