7.03.2009

I LOVE BACKPACKING. period.
















I need to do this more often. There is absolutely nothing that compares to being 7 miles (on foot) away from anything resembling reality. The serene quiet of the forest puts a simple, happy feeling in my heart and clears my mind. There are more stars than you can imagine when you get away from distracting city lights. Animals playing become the most fascinating thing, you forget all about television and movies and technology. The rushing water of a simple stream is enchanting, and a necessity if you want to survive out there. Mac and Cheese is a meal fit for a king after a long day of hiking with a 40 lb pack on your shoulders. The pitter patter of rainfall on your tent is soothing, like a lullaby in the dark of night. Imagination takes over and Rock throwing for accuracy eats up your time. Mt. San Gorgonio called my name and I responded. Angel was a trooper, joining me for 3 days and 2 nights in the wilderness :). I know a lot of people who couldn't hack it out there, and I'm glad he was up to the challenge!

No comments: