6.07.2008

Backpacking with Kelly!


llama plant


YEEAAAAAHH!


Night one, Mt. Lowe trail camp


at Inspiration Point!










This is all Kelly could do after our second grueling day of hiking :)


Dinner, night two.


Sunrise in the Forest


Some early morning reading..


We took the bus back to Monrovia when we were down the mountain!



Kelly had the most amazing idea last week... let's go backpacking!! Of course i had to say 'I'm in!'
We hiked up into the Angeles Forest above Pasadena for 3 days, carrying our 40 lb packs on our soon to be sore backs. ;) The views were amazing, the quiet was intense, the nights were dark, the inclines were strenuous... every muscle in our bodies was in searing pain! But the payoff was way worth it. I love getting out of the city and into nature. It's my only escape and I cherish the times I'm able to get away. Thanks Kelly for a beautiful weekend!! More pics here...

No comments: