9.01.2010

A Life Taken too soon...

My Uncle Bill was buried at Arlinton National Cemetery. What an honor, and a beautiful ceremony. The day was dreary and drizzling, and just as we made it out to the gravesite, it began to pour buckets of rain. The band continued to play, the rifles fired their 21 gun salute, we all stood there getting soaked. It was somehow perfect. Uncle Bill was always a jokester, good humored and fun. His last joke was to watch us all be miserable in the rain while he smiled down at us from wherever he ended up. =). I will miss him dearly.








On the upside, I had another chance to visit my brother and sister-in-law. We toured a couple of cool sites including Virginia Falls and a real Colonial Farm. All in all, a wonderful trip.











This is the house mom and my uncle grew up in,built by their father. My aunt Joyce still lives there today!

No comments: