3.27.2008

Scared to Death

So I've finally found a reason to stop drinking. It seems that my body is now completely rejecting alcohol altogether. I went on a business trip to Vegas and realized this fact. One sip of beer and i felt dizzy and lightheaded within minutes. I ignored this feeling because i was in Vegas and paid dearly the next day. For about 12 straight hours i felt like i was going to die. Not a hangover, but this faint feeling that did not go away no matter what i did. I felt this terrible thought in my head that if i fell asleep, well, ... that i would NOT wake back up. As i sat alone in my hotel room in sin city i vowed to never feel this way again. I decided that i didn't need to drink ever again.

It's amazing how clear I feel about this. It's nice to know that I'll be able to go to weekend functions and not worry about feeling sick. I will do more hiking, more swimming, more running, more photography, see more family, more friends and live my life to it's fullest. I already knew i didn't need booze to have fun, i'm pretty fun without it! However, it was such a major part of my social life that it was difficult to give up.